Thursday, January 21, 2010

Highlights from Seattle

Last week, I attended the 91st Annual American Farm Bureau Federation Meeting in Seattle, WA as a media representative for the state of South Dakota. If you check out my BEEF Daily blog, I highlight some of the amazing speakers I was able to listen to during my stay in the big city. Today, I thought I would share some of the "fun stuff" from my trip.



No, it isn't beef. I'll admit I took advantage of the fresh fish options while in Seattle. I tried crab legs from Pike's Place Fish Market, black crusted cod stuffed with crab, salmon, lobsters, clams and as pictured above, hawaiian ahi tuna. I had never tried a tuna steak before because it's raw color sort of frightened me. Yes, that's how I like my steaks, but for some reason, I was hesitant about this fish entree. Well, one evening, I was "adopted" by the good folks with the MN Farm Bureau. They took me out to this amazing restaurant, and I figured I would be adventurous and try something new. I'm so glad I did. This tuna was AMAZING. It was served with this really thick pasta, artichoke hearts, brussel sprouts and Brazilian red peppers. It was cooked to perfection with the perfect amount of spicy and sweet. Thanks, MNFB for a great evening!



You will have to tilt your head sideways or flip flop your laptop to see this one properly. These photos were taken on my phone, and hey, I'm a busy girl with no time for editing photos this morning! Anyway, one evening, Monsanto hosted a media reception for all of us journalists. It was on the 75th floor of a building, and I was able to see the skyline of Seattle, and I could even look DOWN on the Space Needle. Beautiful! We had free champagne, wine, prime rib and tiramasu. I was pretty sure I had died and gone to heaven. However, it wasn't the food and the drinks that made this evening memorable; it was the view from the bathroom. Yes, the bathroom. Each stall had it's own sink, toiletries and this incredible view. It sounds weird to say, but I think all of us gals could have stayed in that bathroom forever.

Stay tuned for more travel updates. My next stop: San Antonio, TX.

No comments:

Post a Comment